If your Amana refrigerator has an ice and water dispenser, then the filter needs to be changed regularly. It’s a quick and easy task that keeps the water clean and healthy for you and your family.
Amana refrigerators use Everydrop Filter 1 (the purple filter). Whirlpool brand owns both Amana and Everydrop so Everdrop filters are authorized for use in Amana refrigerators. Whirlpool at one time had its own brand of filters which could be used in Amana refrigerators, but they have since been replaced by Everydrop filters.
Amana and Everydrop filters are tested and certified by NSF International against NSF/ANSI Standard 42, 53, 401, and CSAB 483.1 for the reduction of contaminants specified on the Performance Data Sheet and certified to reduce 99% of lead as well as other potential harmful contaminants including chlorine and asbestos. So you can rest easy knowing you are getting the cleanest, best-tasting drinking water.
There are third-party filters available that are not authorized for use by Amana or Whirlpool. They are not guaranteed and their use may void your warranty.
Filters 1 has a maximum capacity of 200 gallons (757 liters) and should be changed every 6 months, or when the refrigerator indicates that a new filter is needed.
After changing your filter, some models require that you manually reset the indicator light. Often this is as simple as pressing and holding the “filter reset” button for 3 seconds. Check your owner’s manual for your specific model.
Filter 1 (Purple)
Everydrop filter model: EDR1RXD1 (replaces Whirlpool W10295370A)
For Amana refrigerator models ASI2575GRS, ASI2175GRS, ASI2175GRW, ASI2175GRB and more.
Reduces 28 contaminants including chlorine, lead, pesticides, and pharmaceuticals.
How to Replace Your Filter
- Locate your water filter cover in the upper right-hand corner inside your refrigerator.
- Gently lift the filter door up.
- Pull the filter straight out and discard it.
- Remove the protective coverings from the O-rings on your new filter.
- NOTE: Make sure the O-rings are still in place after the cover has been removed.
- When inserting the new filter into the slot, make sure the arrow is pointing upward.
- As you insert the filter the door will begin to close.
- NOTE: Don’t force the water filter. If it doesn’t slide in easily, rotate it until the notches are properly aligned with the grooves.
- Push the filter door closed so it snaps into place.
- Once your filter is replaced, run four gallons of water through the line to properly flush the new filter.
What happens if you don’t change your filter?
If you don’t change the filter in your Amana refrigerator, you may begin to notice some symptoms like hollow ice or a slow water flow. What you may not notice, is that the filter cannot continue removing contaminants from the supply water so it passes them on to you. This may affect the taste of the water as well as your health.
Amana refrigerators that dispense water and ice are so convenient. Be sure to keep your water and ice clean and tasting great by replacing the water and ice filter at least every 6 months with an approved filter. If you know your filter number, it’s easy!